Our team will be working with Pastor Leonel Ortiz to provide dental, medical and eye care to the people of his church, other church plants as well as the surrounding community. We will also offer a Vacation Bible School to approximately 250 children in the community.
2017 Travel Dates & Cost
June 24th – July 1st
This includes transportation, lodging and meals except for travel days.
March 4th – Information Meeting: Chapel Room #3, After 10:45am service
March 17th – Application, Signed Team Covenant, $100 Deposit Due
April 21st – $600 Payment Due: (airfare, share of supplies, deposit for in-country expenses)
April 25th – Team Meeting: Chapel Room #3, 7:00pm - 9:00pm
June 9th – $600 Payment Due: (balance of in-country expenses)
June 13th – Team Meeting: Chapel Room #3, 7:00pm - 9:00pm
June 22nd – Packing Meeting: Chapel Room #2, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
June 24th – Depart for Colombia
July 1st – Return back from Colombia
Who Should Go
- Team with medical/dental skills
- Others to help in the clinic assisting the medical/dentalteam
- Anyone who loves working with children
Interested in going on a mission trip? Download and fill out the forms below.
Once forms are completed, attach the required deposit to the Application Form (make checks payable to Spanish River Church) along with a copy of your passport. If you pay the deposit online, please hand in your Application Form and a copy of your passport.
Submit your application to the Global Outreach Ministry at least 2 months before trip leaves. You can leave your application at the Welcome Desk or the Church Office. Please indicate the name of the mission trip on the outside of the envelope.
Interested in being a part of this mission trip from right here at home?
Colombia Medical Needs Drive
Help make a big difference in the lives of Colombian families in impoverished areas.
Pastor Leonel Ortiz is the network leader for church planting in Colombia. SRC is sending a team to Viavicencio to work with Pastor Ortiz, his wife Belgica and daughters Claudia (DDS) and Gigliola (MD) to do a medical/dental/eye clinic and a VBS for the families of two church plants and as an outreach to the surrounding communities.
Please bring new items to the church office by June 18th, and we’ll deliver them on our medical mission trip June 24th - July 1st.
And remember to keep the needy, the Ortiz family and the SRC team in your prayers!
Over-the-Counter Medicine and Supplies
- Adult vitamins • Non-gummy chewable children’s vitamins (e.g. Flintstones)
- Calcium fortified with Vitamin D • Ferrous sulfate (Iron)
- Cold medicine (adult and children) • Cough drops (adult and children)
- Heartburn / indigestion / acid reflux meds (e.g. Prilosec,Zantac,Tums, Rolaids)
- Magnesium Hydroxide (e.g. Milk of Magnesia, Maalox, Mylanta)
- Pain medication (e.g. Tylenol / Motrin / Ibuprofen, adult and children)
- Diarrhea medication (Immodium) • Pepto Bismol tablets
- Antiseptic cream (e.g. Neosporin, Bacitracin, Triple Antibiotic Cream, Hydrocortisone)
- Antifungal cream (e.g. Monistat, Miconozole, Lotrimin)
- Ziploc bags (snack size) • Reading glasses • Antiseptic soap
Prescription Medicine (to be purchased from Blessings International)
- Intestinal parasite medication ($200) • Antibiotics ($300)
- Gastro-intestinal medication ($300) • Other medication and supplies ($400)
- Cash donations should be made to SRC with “Colombia Trip” in the memo field