All families at times face struggles and difficulties, but for families who adopt or foster children who have come from the "hard places", those struggles and difficulties are often greatly increased in intensity and complexity.
Join us for this two-part study as we explore and discuss the material in Dr. Purvis' book The Connected Child and discover how to apply the principles of Trust Based Relational Intervention at home with foster, adoptive, or kinship children. This study is designed to help you change the way you relate to your child and bring healing to his or her heart.
Areas covered are:
- Provide for your child holistically: body, soul and spirit
- Understand what causes difficult behavior and how to respond to it
- Replace your child's maladaptive survival skills
- Identify and disarm your child's fear responses
- Teach your child new life values
- Navigate your personal challenges as a parent
Our classes are open to foster and adoptive families or families raising others children and any family or person interested in learning more about these strategies. A 16 hour certificate will be awarded to those who attend the entire course.
Cost: $35 (includes two books)
Location: Chapel Building
Session One Dates: September 19th - November 11th
Session Two Dates: January 16th - March 6th
Please note that the registration deadline is September 15th. Call 561-289-4472 or email Carrie Ellis with questions and to register »
Space is limited so be sure to reserve your space today.